Course Curriculum (All time codes indicate the length of each video)
- Chapter 1: Introduction to the course (1:52)
- Chapter 2: The basics of writing a sports story (4:31)
- Chapter 3: The art of interviewing (feat. Brett Kurland) (5:52)
- Chapter 4: How to write a game story (feat. Jesse Dougherty and Connor Letourneau) (5:16)
- Chapter 5: Covering a sports beat (feat. Samantha Pell, Matt Schneidman, and Shayna Rubin) (6:21)
- Chapter 6: Writing a compelling feature story (feat. Lindsey Adler and Alex Coffey) (5:48)
- Chapter 7: The anatomy of a sports column (feat. Ann Killion and Dieter Kurtenbach) (5:08)
- Chapter 8: Analysis and trend reporting (feat. Jayson Stark and Kaelen Jones) (4:06)
- Chapter 9: Covering sports for a web-only publication (feat. Logan Murdock and Katie Woo) (6:41)
- Chapter 10: Writing on conflict and tragedy in sports (feat. Fabian Ardaya and Julian McWilliams) (5:14)
- Chapter 11: Developing sources and breaking news (feat. Robert Murray) (6:12)
- Chapter 12: Owning your voice and brand (feat. Justin Emerson and Maria Guardado) (4:51)
- Chapter 13: Maximizing multimedia opportunities and podcasting (feat. Alex Pavlovic) (5:27)
- Chapter 14: Finding the story angles no one else has (feat. Jack Harris and Jake Garcia) (6:04)
- Chapter 15: Headline writing and search engine optimization (feat. Michael Nowels) (4:28)
- Chapter 16: Building your résumé to get noticed (feat. Jourdan Rodrigue and Jake Montero) (15:44)
- Chapter 17: Crushing your job interview (feat. Tim Kawakami and Gina Mizell) (5:15)
- Chapter 18: The String (feat. Chris Karpman) (5:05)
Ready to watch your sportswriting career take off?
With the help of more than 25 of the country's top sportswriters, I've designed a course that will give young professionals, college students and high schoolers the tools to improve their skills, revamp their résumés and stand out in the hiring process.
Learn how to report and write different types of sports stories from masters of the craft, identify, develop and leverage your personal brand and land your next sportswriting job.
Are you ready to make an investment in yourself?
Our comprehensive 18-chapter course is perfect for sportswriters who want to:
- Get tips on how to develop sources and break news that you won't learn in journalism school
- Learn practical advice from award-winning sportswriters who make their coverage stand out from the crowd
- Understand how to network in sports media, secure job interviews and jump to the top of the field
There's no better time to start climbing the ladder than right now! Join us and turn your vision of a future in sportswriting into reality.
Welcome, I’m Kerry Crowley
I've spent the last eight years covering college and pro sports and mastering the skills journalists need to succeed in the digital age. I'm here to teach you what you won't learn in journalism school and to share practical advice from a team of experts who consistently shine in a competitive industry.